Financial Services Guide
The financial services that are offered in this Financial Services Guide (“FSG”) are provided by:
CMX Insurance Solutions Pty Ltd
Corporate Authorised Representative No. 001253582
ABN: 41 617 757 892
Address: Level 5, 61 York Street, Sydney NSW 2000
T:1300 020 148 | www.cmxinsurance.com
This FSG is a guide containing important information about our relationships and associations and is intended to assist you in your decision whether to use any of our services. The FSG includes information about:
- who we are;
- the services we are authorised to provide to you;
- how we and our associates are remunerated;
- any potential conflict of interest we may have; and
- our internal and external dispute resolution procedures and how you can access them.
Statement of Advice
For all general insurance retail products as defined by the Corporations Act 2001 we will provide you with information about how we are remunerated including any benefits we would receive and any relevant interests or relationships that might be considered as influencing us in the advice or recommendation we have provided.
If we only provide you with general advice for any type of insurance product that is advice which does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs, we will give you a general advice warning at that time.
Accuracy of information
The information and materials on this website, including text, graphics, links or other terms are accurate at the time of publication on this site. CMX does not warrant the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of this information and materials and expressly disclaims liability for errors or omissions in this information and materials. Except as may be required under statute, no warranty of any kind implied or expressed, including, but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third party rights, title in, merchantability of or fitness for a particular purpose is given.
The information and material on this website is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide finance, insurance, risk management, legal, or other advice and should not be relied upon in that regard.
Who will be providing the Financial Service?
CMX will be providing the financial service to you. CMX is a leader in delivering risk and insurance services and solutions to clients. Insurance broking and insurance program management services are provided for business, professional service organisations and private clients under the CMX name.
Who does CMX act for when providing the Financial Service?
We provide financial services on your behalf.
What kinds of financial services are CMX authorised to provide you with and what kinds of Financial Product/s do those services relate to?
We are authorised to provide financial product advice and deal in general insurance products.
What commissions, fees or other benefits does CMX receive for providing the financial services?
We may be paid a commission by the insurer for arranging the policy which is based on a percentage of the premium less stamp duty, fire services levy, GST and any other government charges, taxes, fees or levies. The rate of commission depends on the policy and may range from 0% to 30%. The commission is included in the premium charged and covers various expenses we incur in arranging the insurance as well as a profit component. We retain the commission from the premium you pay us and remit the balance to the insurer.
We may receive commission on each renewal and some variations of your policy. The rate of commission depends on the policy and may range from 0% to 30%.
We may charge you a broker fee or administration fee rather than commission for arranging the policy.
We may charge a combination of broker fee/administration fee and commission for arranging the policy.
Our representatives may also receive non-monetary benefits from insurers. This may include entertainment at sporting events, hospitality including lunches and attendance at insurer sponsored functions. It is not possible to determine in advance what, if any, non-monetary benefit a representative may receive and these benefits are not generally attributed to any particular product.
If you receive personal advice from us, we will tell you about any commissions, fees and any other benefits, where possible in actual dollar amounts, in the information provided or if relevant, the Statement of Advice.
We will answer any questions you may have about our remuneration to ensure you are clearly informed.
What relationships or associations exist which might influence CMX in providing me with its service?
Where you have been referred to us by someone else, if we pay them a fee or commission in relation to that referral, we will tell you.
What should I do if I have a complaint?
- Contact us and tell us about your complaint. We have our own internal dispute resolution procedure, a copy of which is available upon request. In the first instance you should address any concern or complaint to the CMX representative servicing your account. Alternatively, you may contact the ii-A Complaints Officer on 1300 002 481.
- If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, the matter will be referred to the ii-A Complaints Officer to investigate and take appropriate action. You will be advised within 15 working days of our decision. If the matter is complex and a longer period is required you will be informed.
- We are a member of the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (“AFCA”), an external dispute resolution scheme. If your complaint cannot be resolved to your satisfaction by us you have the right to refer the matter to the free consumer service offered by the AFCA. You may contact the AFCA directly at any time concerning your complaint. The AFCA can be contacted toll free on 1800 931 678.